And on the other hand...

Click here for The Yin Side where the other half of me holds forth!

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Persistence Leads to Wu Wei

I was missing Charlotte, hadn't seen her on the web (her web, not this one) for several days, but I've been a little preoccupied with my own tangled webs, complicated projects and deadlines and difficult people and, I should say too, some extraordinary people.  We make a lot of fuss about teamwork, and when the right people come together, it can be wu wei.

So at the end of the tunnel, a clear sky, trade winds, no vog, head cold subsiding, new month calendar pages, and a debugged spreadsheet as delicate and perfect as a spider's who's off the drugs. And when a spreadsheet works, that's a wu wei. But it took hairpulling persistence and effort to get it to that point. Well, at least for me: word processors, page layout and image processing programs are my interest (and therefore, expertise). Excel is not.
Spider pointing to the moon. Or is the moon pointing to the spider?
And Charlotte is back, having apparently renovated her own little spreadsheet, spinning silk and now resting on it.  Could she feel as exhilarated as I do, finishing a difficult task?  Well, she gets to stay put and gaze at the moon, while I'm looking forward to a trip back East...to both coasts really.  I'll be in DC on election day, then return with a stop on the Oregon coast.  The vision of Cannon Beach, likely in the cold and damp rain (a nice change from Hawaii), has been keeping me inspired and moving forward.
Cannon Beach, Oregon
Looks a little like Guilin, but at the edge of the Pacific.  In a couple of weeks, I hope to have some nice photos of the area of my own to put up here.  Persistence pays off.

No comments: