And on the other hand...

Click here for The Yin Side where the other half of me holds forth!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Landscape Mode

Although nothing really compares with the landscape view at the top of my blog, or any of the other several thousand images of China, Florida, Oregon, Hawaii in my digital photo library, it is relaxing to play god with my mountain horse (shan ma) brush and ink.  Several recent images emerged from the brush during my new painting class.  Not what the teacher was really trying to get me to do, but enough already with the plum blossoms and orchids.
Happy Rocks
Misty Bridge
Raining in the Mountain

7 comments:

YTSL said...

Lovely pics all, baroness radon! :)

baroness radon said...

You are too kind. While unsuccessfully searching for a simple link to describe what a shan ma brush is, a rather stiff brush well suited for landscapes, I came across this link that has marvelous examples of what inspires --and humbles--me:
http://www.maqingxiong.com/landscape_Eng.htm

Maybe my next image will be titled "Horse Excrement Island"! I need to go back and review those photos of yours again.

sybil law said...

Yay! love them! Misty Bridge and Raining in the Mountain are my favorites!!

Michael P. Garofalo said...

Delightful! Good work. I also like Raining in the Mountain.

baroness radon said...

I think Raining in the Mountain is best too (named after a favorite movie) possibly because it was done, not working to the lesson requirements of my teacher. It was just me.

Thanks for visiting my gallery!

Brandon said...

Hey, you're good! Loved Rainy Mountain and the Happy Rocks. Well done :)

The Crow said...

So nice!