And on the other hand...

Click here for The Yin Side where the other half of me holds forth!

Monday, May 27, 2013

Change

My frequency of posting has diminished.  Only a full moon, a haircut, a holiday seem to push me to say something here.  I watched the kolea leave, on schedule, life pulses on.  If things had gone as planned, I would be just returning from China: two trips cancelled because of lack of participation, but I think I have nailed a solid opportunity to return to Wudang for an extended retreat in September. Not too far off.  The agenda will, I hope, include study of the I Ching, something of the core of Taoism.

A lot of traffic on Facebook and elsewhere, Tao discussion groups, where Lao Tzu memes pop up with regularity, pitting Tao traditionalists against new age newbies, wondering what IS the central key concept of Taoism.

I say it is change.  Nothing is permanent, detritus piles up.  Hanging on to the detritus is foolish, though it tells us something about ourselves.  Amongst the floor sweepings we find a pearl and a bit of silver;  a jade carving encased in gold.  Keep those, the lasting yin and yang.  The rest is trash.

5 comments:

YTSL said...

Do you think that being on Facebook makes you less inclined to blog? It can seem that way with many people...

I, OTOH, remain a Facebook holdout. Maybe that's why I'm still blogging regularly after all these years!

baroness radon said...

Without a doubt. I need to work on that. I have ha a LOT of interesting and rich dialogue on FB, made a lot of connections, shared a lot, but yes, it has taken time away from the blog. FB is an open salon; the blog is me in my own room with the door closd. I need to retreat a bit!

Funny...the word verification for this post (to my own blog?) includes the words "changes."

YTSL said...

It's interesting you see FB as an open salon as, since I'm not part of the community, I think of it as semi-closed one. OTOH, I think of a blog as one sitting in one's own space but communicating to the world -- or, specifically, I write with particular people in mind but anyone else is welcome to check my pieces out too. :)

AustinBoston said...

I always enjoy your insight!
Thank you!
Kinda funny that an ex of mine was all about the Tao, and change.

Makes sense.

baroness radon said...

Funny, the completely arbitrary time stamp of this post, 1:11.