And on the other hand...

Click here for The Yin Side where the other half of me holds forth!

Friday, July 2, 2010

Pivotal Moment

Today is the point of the pivot on a fulcum of the year, Gregorian though it may be...as many days behind as ahead.
Deng Ming-dao points out that this day, at least in an odd-numbered year, is the center. (Even numbered years --that is a 366-day Leap-Year-- have no center.) It provides a moment of perfect balance.  And how nice to have a long weekend to start of the shift to the second half of the year. Hope you enjoy yours!

1 comment:

sybil law said...

See? I seriously learn things here every time I visit!
I love the idea of a perfect balance day. It has been, so far, too. That is, unless I go out with some friends tonight. I'm pretty sure I'll be off kilter later if I drink enough. ;)
Happy 4th!