And on the other hand...

Click here for The Yin Side where the other half of me holds forth!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

0202020203

Although the only thing that made me have this particular numerological observation (only slightly less interesting to me than the not too far off odometer rollover to 222,222 by TAO 61) was that it is Groundhog Day, which figures much in my personal gestalt. I've not only been to Punxsutawney, but I can spell (actually, I had to double-check) and pronounce it. But Feb. 2 is also Imbolc, Candlemas,  and when you think about it, the second day of the second month of the second year of the second decade of the, well, third, millennium. Hence, 0202020203, dd/mm/yy/DD/MM. (To make it work perfectly, I guess we'd have to step back a thousand years.) Which seems kind of special. It is a cross-quarter day, a particular moment in the celestial movement of the earth and sun.  So while the news is all about Punxsutawney Phil and his bizarre predictions, the day actually has a lot of ancient cultural significance. Sometimes it takes a groundhog!  I have posted about groundhogs before, on my Yin side, and much longer ago than I remembered.  Seems like yesterday. I had to think about it, but the days do repeat themselves...
When was that Groundhog Day?
In the meantime, it's back to my burrow.

No comments: