And on the other hand...

Click here for The Yin Side where the other half of me holds forth!

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Happy, Silly Holidays

Went for a haircut, a karmic touch-up that seemed appropriate as the sun enters Sagittarius, my birth sign.  I would actually like to shave my head, but that seems a little extreme.  My hairdresser said after my last cut, her next patron asked for "the color you gave that lady."

I have Mother Nature's platinum or silver or ... gray.  Whatever you want to call it.  White karma.

Then I stopped at the Ross store next door, that weird shopping mecca, a bazaar of seconds and overruns, to buy a scented candle for the holiday season.  The checkout lines were long.  A woman behind me said, "Why don't they have an express lane for, you know, one item or less?"

I was still chuckling over that one when the cute clerk at my register called back to his manager about someone else's item code: "Is this bed linens or lingerie?"

"You've got a lot to learn, " I said.

I think this holiday season is going to be a lot of fun.

3 comments:

The Rambling Taoist said...

I have a shaved head. It's very convenient. No money wasted on hair products and no amount of wasted time preening in front of the mirror. It's quite liberating! :)

baroness radon said...

Trouble is when a woman has a shaved head, abd she's not wearing Buddhist robes, it is assumed she is undergoing chemotherapy.

In any case,my hair is so short, I don't do much preening and product use is minimal. The two five- pronged combs at the end of my arms do quite nicely!

sybil law said...

I really, really hope this is a joyous, silly, fun holiday season for us all. Happy Thanksgiving (to start)!
I envy you your white hair. I love white hair. I don't have any gray (yet), but I hope to be pure white someday!