And on the other hand...

Click here for The Yin Side where the other half of me holds forth!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Just Like Clockwork

After marking the Winter Solstice and a wedding anniversary last night with a nice dinner at our new favorite restaurant, I was further cheered this morning to discover that my Christmas cacti have begun to bloom...or at least they have set blossoms, albeit some buds just the size of uncooked short grain rice. I was afraid they weren't going to bloom this year -- not having a Christmas tree is one thing, but this was serious! But there they are, the little nubbins of blossoms popping out just as yang starts to rise.


Last year the plants, despite neglect and abuse (which I think they actually thrive on) blossomed twice...at Christmas time, and again toward Easter.  I love the cosmic clock of nature. It just ticks on with or without my intervention.

1 comment:

sybil law said...

You just made me hungry! :)
And yay,for Christmas cactus blooms! Nature is truly fascinating.